Equities markets rallied on the news and Mark Newton, chief market technician at Greywolf Equities, told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt that now is the time to buy energy. While WTI crude and brent crude are lower in Monday's trading session, they are off the lows, Newton pointed out.
He added that WTI crude has been trying to stabilize in the $92 to $95 region, while brent crude has actually been performing pretty well over the past several weeks. Despite the weakness, Newton says it might be time for investors to step in and buy energy names ahead of the winter season.
Aside from entering a historically strong season for energy prices, the pullback from September highs has created a solid buying opportunity.
Newton also said the deal with Iran is just for six months, which is only a temporary fix and there is a lot of skepticism that the deal will even be completed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV