DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company's new float for America's Thanksgiving Parade ® presented by Art Van was unveiled by Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford to hundreds of Ford employees today in front of Ford World Headquarters
- A giant likeness of company founder Henry Ford has the seat of honor on the float; his great-great-granddaughter Elena Ford will ride on the float on Thanksgiving Day
- The 100-foot-long float also recognizes Ford's continuing commitment to community development through the activities of Ford Motor Company Fund and Ford Volunteer Corps
Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford today unveiled the company's new float for America's Thanksgiving Parade ® presented by Art Van to hundreds of Ford Motor Company employees gathered outside Ford World Headquarters. The 100-foot-long float celebrates Henry Ford's vision to open the roadways and make a difference in communities worldwide.
The float includes a giant likeness of Henry Ford sitting in front of a birthday cake that marks the 150 th anniversary of his birth. Also featured are a giant globe and a Ford Focus, the world's best-selling vehicle nameplate, in recognition of the company's global reach.
Six giant screens on the float show the contributions that Ford Motor Company Fund and Ford Volunteer Corps members make around the world.One of the country's largest and longest-running parades, America's Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van will take place this Thursday in downtown Detroit. "The parade is a great Detroit Thanksgiving Day family tradition, as well as an opportunity to celebrate our communities and encourage our neighbors to get involved," said Bill Ford. "This new float is an exciting way to recognize both the legacy of our company's founder and our investment in communities through funding of creative programs and the work of our Ford Volunteer Corps." Elena Ford, vice president for Ford global dealer and consumer experience and great-great-granddaughter of Henry Ford, will ride on the float in the Thanksgiving Day parade. Forty members of the Ford Volunteers Corp will walk alongside the float. " Henry Ford and his legacy helped shape our region – and the world," said Tony Michaels, president and CEO, The Parade Company, which puts on the Thanksgiving Day parade. "We appreciate what Ford Motor Company continues to provide for our community." As official parade vehicle, more than 40 Ford cars and trucks will take part in the festivities, including F-Series, Mustang and other Ford vehicles that will carry celebrities and pull floats.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts