NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Thanksgiving is upon us. Apple's (AAPL) Black Friday ad teases an iPad, but not much else.
Apple has posted an ad on its website, noting the one day sale at its online stores and Apple Retail stores.
Last year, Apple gave discounts of $100 off MacBooks, and small discounts on iPads, iPods and other accessories. With the iPad being so prominent in the advertisement, it makes sense that the tablet would get some kind of discount, particularly as Apple CEO Timothy D. Cook has high hopes for the iPad this upcoming holiday season. "I think it's going to be an iPad Christmas, but we will see," Cook said on Apple's fiscal fourth-quarter earnings call. "We will report the numbers back to you in January how we did, but we are pretty confident."
Apple's corporate offices are closed for the holiday week, and thus unable to respond to a request for comment.
Apple shares were higher in Monday trading, gaining 0.93% to $524.65.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV