2. As of noon trading, Xcel Energy ( XEL) is down $0.15 (-0.5%) to $28.20 on average volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Xcel Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.19-$28.46 after having opened the day at $28.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.35. Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $14.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xcel Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts