3. As of noon trading, Edison International ( EIX) is down $0.24 (-0.5%) to $45.76 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Edison International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.74-$46.23 after having opened the day at $46.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.00. Edison International, through its subsidiaries, generates and distributes electric power. It also invests in transportation infrastructure and energy assets, including renewable energy in the Netherlands, Australia, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Edison International has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Edison International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Edison International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Edison International Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts