NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) will report fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday after the close. TheStreet's Jim Cramer told Brittany Umar HP shares are cheap.
The company may be getting back into tablets, which would solidify HP's move into younger, newer markets and lessen its focus on PCs and printers. This was evident when the company announced a new partnership with Salesforce.com (CRM), Cramer said.
He added the stock does not have significant downside but could have significant upside if the turnaround materializes. Should that happen it would be next year, Cramer said, who praised CEO Meg Whitman.
He concluded that HP needs to have social, mobile and cloud "to become more than just a turnaround."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV