Gold Resource (AMEX: GORO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. Gold Resource Corporation engages in the exploration for and production of gold and silver in Mexico. The company also explores for copper, lead, and zinc. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.36. The average volume for Gold Resource has been 664,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gold Resource has a market cap of $273.7 million and is part of the metals & mining industry. Shares are down 67% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gold Resource as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GORO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, GORO has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 41.22% is the gross profit margin for GOLD RESOURCE CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GORO's net profit margin of -6.22% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 126.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.87 million to -$1.83 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.32 million or 378.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Gold Resource Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts