3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks Leading The Pack: NLY, NRF, APL
Northstar Realty Finance Corporation (NYSE: NRF) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.60%. NorthStar Realty Finance Corp., a real estate investment trust (REIT), operates as a commercial real estate (CRE) investment and asset management company in the United States. The average volume for Northstar Realty Finance Corporation has been 2,926,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Northstar Realty Finance Corporation has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 38.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Northstar Realty Finance Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 149.72% to $78.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 5.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$142.91 million to -$135.44 million.
- NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP has improved earnings per share by 38.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP continued to lose money by earning -$2.27 versus -$3.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.06 versus -$2.27).
- The gross profit margin for NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP is rather high; currently it is at 61.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- You can view the full Northstar Realty Finance Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts