Buy These Top 4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Today: MPW, VTR, UIL, PAA
UIL Holdings Corporation (NYSE: UIL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.60%. UIL Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates in the regulated utility businesses. The company operates in three segments: Electric Distribution, Electric Transmission, and Gas Distribution. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.70. The average volume for UIL Holdings Corporation has been 345,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. UIL Holdings Corporation has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 5.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates UIL Holdings Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, UIL is up 11.70% to its most recent closing price of 37.78. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $33.74 million or 21.37% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- UIL HOLDINGS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UIL HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.02 versus $1.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $2.02).
- The net income has significantly decreased by 67.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $15.78 million to $5.16 million.
- You can view the full UIL Holdings Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV