Solar Senior Capital (NASDAQ: SUNS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.70%. Solar Senior Capital Ltd. is a business development company specializing in investments in leveraged, middle-market companies in the United States. The fund invests in the form of senior secured loans, including first lien, unitranche, and second lien debt instruments. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.64. The average volume for Solar Senior Capital has been 27,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Solar Senior Capital has a market cap of $211.8 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Solar Senior Capital as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 263.69% to $13.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income has significantly decreased by 31.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.81 million to $2.60 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company.
- SOLAR SENIOR CAPITAL LTD's earnings per share declined by 42.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLAR SENIOR CAPITAL LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $1.46 versus -$0.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 19.2% in earnings ($1.18 versus $1.46).
- You can view the full Solar Senior Capital Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts