- The Urban Farm at Stapleton was awarded a $25,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support the Urban Youth in Agriculture Project in partnership with Colorado State University (CSU). Students from Denver Public Schools will explore the use of new and existing technologies to improve Denver’s food system. This will be accomplished through an Internet-based program complemented by hands-on learning experiences at the farm and field trips to the Agricultural Technology department of CSU. The goal of the program is to foster interest in environmental stewardship and inspire students to use technology in the pursuit of a college career in that field.
- Junior Achievement (JA) Rocky Mountain was awarded a $15,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support JA Finance Park - Virtual, a dynamic program that helps students build financial skills for life. This program, offered at no cost to students and schools, allows students who are unable to travel to JA’s physical Finance Park the opportunity to participate remotely. Students are led by a “virtual guide” to make purchasing decisions for their family based on an assigned income, job, and family situation.
- Goodwill Industries of Denver was awarded a $10,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support the Youth Career Development Entrepreneurial Program. The program will reach approximately 600 students in the Denver metro-area schools that have high dropout rates. Students are broken into small groups to learn how to develop a product or service, create business plans, conduct market research, and present materials to business leaders. This Sprint grant will help purchase new tablets and software so that the program can be successfully implemented in schools that have limited technology resources.
Sprint Supports Denver With $50,000 In Grants To The Urban Farm At Stapleton, Junior Achievement Of Rocky Mountain And Goodwill Industries Of Denver
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts