Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a national investor-rights law firm, today announced it is investigating Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. (“Tile Shop”) (NASDAQ: TTS) following a series of allegations by a short-seller firm, including that the company dramatically overstated earnings and failed to disclose that Beijing Pingxiu, the company’s largest supplier, was secretly controlled by the brother-in-law of Tile Shop’s CEO. Investors who have suffered significant financial losses may contact a Hagens Berman attorney working on the investigation by emailing TTS@hbsslaw.com.
Hagens Berman’s investigation seeks to uncover additional information about potential investor claims against Tile Shop. A class-action securities suit has been filed in federal court on behalf of investors who purchased Tile Shop securities between Aug. 22, 2012, and Nov. 13, 2013. Those investors can contact Hagens Berman Partner Reed Kathrein, who is leading the Hagens Berman’s investigation, by calling (510) 725-3000. Additional information is available at http://hb-securities.com/investigations/TTS.
The investigation centers around allegations made in a report published by short-seller firm Gotham City Research LLC on Nov. 14, 2013. The report claimed that:
- Tile Shop overstated its earnings in 2013 by more than 200 percent.
- Beijing Pingxiu (BP), the company’s largest supplier, was related to Tile Shop, in that BP is secretly controlled by the brother-in-law of Tile Shop’s CEO.
- Tile Shop used BP to exaggerate its inventory and profits, purchasing goods at or near cost.
Gotham City’s report concluded that Tile Shop will be forced to restate the past several years’ financial results, and that Tile Shop shares were dramatically undervalued.Following the release of the report, Tile Shop’s stock price fell from a close of $21.22 on Nov. 13, 2013, to a close of $12.95 the next day. Following the price drop, Citigroup downgraded the company’s rating from buy to neutral on Nov. 18, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV