NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on nine companies that report quarterly results on Tuesday including buy rated luxury jewelry retailer Tiffany (TIF), and computer giant and former Dow component Hewlett-Packard (HPQ).
The nine stocks include five from the retail-wholesale sector, two from the computer and technology sector, and one each from the consumer discretionary and consumer staples sectors.
The computer and technology sector is 33.6% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1143 stocks 52.9% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings.
The consumer discretionary sector is 33.5% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 396 stocks 82.8% in this sector have hold ratings.The consumer staples sector is 25.1% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 260 stocks 40.4% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings. The retail-wholesale sector is 30.8% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 344 stocks 79.9% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy. Last 12-Month Return (%): Stocks with a red number declined by that percentage over the last 12 months. Stocks with a black number increased by that percentage. Forecast 1-Year Return: Stocks with a red number are projected to decline by that percentage over the next 12 months. Stocks with a black number in the table are projected to move higher by that percentage over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV