WOODSTOCK, ON, Nov. 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Contrans Group Inc. (TSX: CSS) announced today that it has acquired the operating assets and real property of Best Transfer, a trucking business, located near Guelph, Ontario. The business has provided transportation services to customers that require flatbed, tank and dry bulk trailers. It is expected that this acquisition will produce annual revenue of approximately $8 million (including fuel surcharges). The company operates 30 highway tractors and 50 trailers.
"The purchase of Best Transfer fits well into the existing competencies of our Ontario divisions" stated Contrans' Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Stan Dunford. "We have existing relationships with many of the Best customers and believe that our purchase of Best Transfer will enhance those relationships with the ability to provide additional service capacity. The purchase also expands our terminal footprint with an additional terminal and yard space along the busy 401 corridor."
SOURCE Contrans Group Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV