- Trial featured 4G LTE public safety mobile broadband technology from Alcatel-Lucent to provide Las Vegas Metro Police Department, Nevada Department of Transportation and other first responders the ability to gain insight into the use and benefits of mobile broadband with several new capabilities as well as use of key existing systems.
- 700 MHz Band 14 spectrum was provided by FirstNet, the independent authority set up by the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration as a response to the attacks of 9/11 and the demonstrated need to improve communication interoperability between public safety entities.
- Lack of information by first responders and interoperability among public safety organizations can hinder the response time in emergencies where seconds count.
- The 4G LTE trial was part of an Ultra-Broadband network design that enables real-time use of video gathered from the Las Vegas area, collaboration, real-time vehicle tracking, remote office applications, WiFi and a secure virtual private network (VPN) to trial participants.
- A key trial milestone of demonstrating these capabilities to Las Vegas area Law Enforcement Agencies was successfully completed in October 2013.
- Alcatel-Lucent provided an LTE eNodeB, a 7705 SAR-8 service aggregation Router, a 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), a local Serving/Packet Data Network Gateway, and a hosted LTE core to provide coverage and deliver advanced IP services.
- Technologies from members of Alcatel-Lucent's ngConnect Program, (an ecosystem of companies delivering anytime, anywhere access, across all devices and networks) assisting in the trial include:
- Axis Communications for its ruggedized, vibration-resistant AXIS M3114-R Fixed Dome Network Camera to provide 720p HDTV-quality video, embedded Active Tampering alarm and multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG streams
- CalAmp Fusion broadband multi-network LTE/FirstNet ready router with WiFi enables real-time access to mission-critical information for collaboration and decision-making to improve response time and increase security
- Cassidian Communications Broadband Vehicle Router 700 deployed in both vehicles and buildings to provide secure connectivity (WiFi or Ethernet) for a wide variety of commercially available devices and applications to the LTE Band 14 network
- LiveViewGPS Live Trac G5 Vehicle Tracker for GPS vehicle tracking
- Mutualink interoperable communications solution for inter-agency resource-sharing of voice, video and data among participating agencies, including mobile deployment
- Vidyo HD multipoint videoconferencing with LTE, 3G networks and smartphones to enhance collaboration and decision-making – HD multipoint videoconferencing on any device with LTE, 3G and WiFi networks to enhance collaboration and decision-making
- Ultra-broadband and IP networking which were central to the trial are key elements of The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent's industrial strategy to become a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access
Alcatel-Lucent And Las Vegas First Responders Conduct Trial Of 4G LTE Public Safety Mobile Broadband Network
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.