Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced the availability of aspenONE V8.4 software, featuring new Activated Exchanger Design and Rating (EDR) and updates to Activated Energy and Activated Economics in Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus. In addition, the new software adds crude assay data and new reactor models for refinery modeling with Aspen HYSYS and expands solids models for chemicals in Aspen Plus.
A Unified Engineering Environment
First introduced in aspenONE V8 software, AspenTech’s breakthrough Activation capability in Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS enables process engineers to do instant analysis of heat exchangers, energy, and economics without specialist knowledge of these engineering disciplines. This unified engineering environment enables engineers to work more efficiently and achieve better results within tight project timelines. The new Activation capabilities in V8.4 software include:
- Activated EDR – The new release introduces Activated EDR, an all-new Activation capability to optimize heat exchanger design and operation. From within the new Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS engineering environment, users can do rigorous heat exchanger design and view heat exchanger status to quickly perform revamp studies and debottlenecking.
- Activated Energy – The latest Activated Energy, which automates pinch analysis for non-experts, adds the ability to group process units in a flow diagram and optimize energy across the grouping. Activated Energy also identifies optimum design modifications for energy savings and automatically recommends lower cost utilities that are available.
- Activated Economics – Powered by AspenTech’s proprietary costing engine and the process industry’s only cost estimation software, Activated Economics in V8.4 adds cost overlays to process flow diagrams, annual updates for cost estimation, and enhanced features for upstream safety standards.
Faster, More Accurate Refinery Modeling for Heavy CrudesIn V8.4, AspenTech continues to integrate the workflow between Planning and crude evaluation and Process Simulation and design. By automating the import of crude data from Aspen Assay Management into Aspen HYSYS Petroleum Refining, AspenTech eliminates the manual process of entering hundreds of crude data points in order to accurately model a crude slate. In addition, Aspen HYSYS V8.4 adds models for Visbreaker and Delayed Coker units required for processing heavy crudes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts