- Tournament receives industry awards
- Tickets now available online
- Volunteer Registration begins
WATERLOO, ON, Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic has bolstered its pool of prize money to US$1.5 million for the 2014 event, an increase of US$200,000 from the previous year.
In 2013, South Korean Hee Young Park out-lasted all other competitors and won $195,000 in prize money after a three-hole playoff. With the increase in prize money, the 2014 champion will be awarded US$225,000.
"The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic attracts many of the world's best female golfers," said Marianne Harrison, President and CEO, Manulife Canada. "Increasing the prize money speaks to the strength of the LPGA and the caliber of women's golf." From June 4 to 8, 144 LPGA players will compete for the title to win a portion of the US$1.5M purse at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo, Ontario. Over its first two years, the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic has attracted more than 125,000 spectators, making it one of the most well-attended events on the LPGA Tour. TOA AwardsOn November 20, the LPGA Tournament Owners Association (TOA) presented their Gold Driver Awards, recognizing excellence in marketing programs surrounding LPGA Tour tournaments during the TOA Annual Meeting in Naples, Florida. In the tournament's second Gold Driver Award competition, the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic received Gold for Charity Promotion, with St. Mary's General Hospital Foundation's Red Day leaving an indelible impression on the panel of judges. Additionally, the tournament received four Silver awards in key categories - Event Advertising, Marketing Materials, Television Advertisements and Website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV