LATHAM, N.Y., Nov. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plug Power Inc. (Nasdaq:PLUG) announces that Plug Power will participate in a UK-based webinar that will focus on the commercial success of hydrogen fuel cells for key customers within the material handling industry, and describe the positive outlook for further growth in the United States and Europe. Mr. Warren Brower will present success seen by Plug Power and HyPulsion, a joint venture between Plug Power Air Liquide established to market hydrogen fuel cells in European markets.
The free webinar, titled "Fuel Cell Material Handling: U.S. Success & European Growth," is organized jointly by the UK Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association and the official Fuel Cells & Hydrogen Group from the Energy Generation and Supply Knowledge Transfer Network. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 27, from 9:00-10:30 am U.S. Eastern Time / 2:00-3:30 pm UTC/GMT.
GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell usage in material handling vehicles has been increasing for several years now. Shorter refueling times and high performance have been critical factors in the commercial success of this sector, and for lift truck fleet operators in particular, GenDrive has become the power solution of choice.Plug Power currently has more than 4,000 GenDrive ® fuel cell units deployed across North America, with players such as Coca-Cola, BMW, FedEx, Sysco, Mercedes-Benz and Walmart taking advantage of the benefits of fuel cells for powering forklift trucks in warehouses and distribution centers. Brower will be joined on the webinar by Jennifer Kurtz from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). "The material handling industry has proven to be ideal for the successful implementation of hydrogen fuel cell technology," said Andy Marsh, CEO of Plug Power. "Our customers are ready to broaden their deployments into additional sites, globally."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV