NIKE (NYSE:NKE) today unveiled the new Brasil National Team home kit at an event in Rio de Janeiro. The kit, which will be worn by the hosts next summer, combines performance innovation, cultural design cues and environmentally sustainable materials.
“Creating this kit is one of the greatest honors we have at NIKE,” said Trevor Edwards, President of the NIKE Brand. “It’s more than just a player’s uniform, it represents the history of Brasilian football, the five stars, the romance of the game, and the hopes of a nation.”
The kit aids performance by regulating player body temperature and keeping players cool. NIKE Dri-FIT technology pulls moisture away from the skin to the outside of the garment where it evaporates more quickly, and laser-cut holes and engineered mesh in key areas where heat is generated allow for increased breathability and airflow.
In line with NIKE’s commitment to superior performance with lower environmental impact, the shirt, shorts and - for the first time in a national team kit - the socks, all feature fabric made from recycled plastic bottles. Each kit is made using an average of 18 recycled plastic bottles. Since 2010, NIKE has diverted almost 2 billion bottles from landfills, enough to cover over 2800 full-sized football pitches.“Incorporating environmental sustainability is a key part of the design and development process for us,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director of NIKE Football. “Our aim is to create a kit that performs for players and is good to the planet.” Designers utilized three-dimensional body scans of the entire Brasilian National Team to create an updated fit, improving comfort and allowing the body to move naturally within the kit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV