"Expectations for a vaccine to be active in this patient population were very low," said Thomas Davis, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Celldex. "If these multiple signals for immunologic and anti-tumor activity persist in the final data, it may establish a new perspective on the potential for immunotherapy. These early results have led to the expansion cohort and we are beginning to plan additional studies of combinations that could further improve efficacy."
ReACT is a Phase 2 exploratory study designed to determine if adding rindopepimut to standard of care bevacizumab improves the outcomes for patients with EGFRvIII-positive recurrent glioblastoma across multiple measures. As originally designed, the study included 2 groups:
- Group 1 - bevacizumab naive, n= apx. 70, enrollment ongoing—patients randomized to receive either rindopepimut or KLH (administered as a control), each along with bevacizumab
- Group 2 - bevacizumab refractory, n= apx. 25, enrollment completed—patients receive rindopepimut plus bevacizumab in a single treatment arm
In August 2013, Celldex announced that enrollment had been completed in Group 2 and that, based on early evidence of anti-tumor activity, an expansion cohort of approximately 75 patients (Group 2C) would be added to better characterize the potential activity of rindopepimut in this refractory patient population. As amended, the ReACT study will enroll approximately 170 patients.
Clinical Activity OverviewGroup 1- Recurrent GBM; bevacizumab naive Interim results are available for the first 40 patients enrolled [rindopepimut + bevacizumab (n=20); control + bevacizumab n=20)]. 12 patients continue to receive treatment and 27 continue to be followed for survival. While the data continue to mature, trends toward both an overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS) benefit have been observed on the rindopepimut arm to date.
|Interim ReACT Overall Survival and Progression-free Survival Bevacizumab-Naïve Recurrent GBM|
|Rindo + Bev (n=20)||Control + Bev (n=20)|
|OS||12.0 months||7.9 months||HR = .43 (0.13, 1.44) ; p=0.16|
|PFS||3.7 months||2.0 months||HR= .74 (0.34, 1.61); p=0.47|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV