NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- cable stocks; and
- the Fed's speculation.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
A Blast From the Past
Posted at 6:45 p.m. EDT on Friday, Nov. 22Watching that tape fly by today, the tape showing the stocks of Time Warner Cable (TWC), Charter (CHTR) and Comcast (CMCSA), one of my employers, flying high, reminded me of what this business used to be like. We used to have stocks go up day after day after day and just when you think they are done going up you get talk of takeovers and then you get another leg up and then you actually get takeovers and they go up AGAIN!
- If any of the cable companies bought Time Warner Cable they could improve service and get more users.
- It would be immediately additive to the acquirer.
- It would not be blocked by the government because the federal courts have already ruled that it's fine if cable companies buy each other pretty much without limitation.
Can't Make Money Off of Fed Speculation
Posted at 3:27 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Nov. 21 There are only so many hours during the day that we can work. They are precious. They can no longer be trifled with as we play the endless parlor game of "taper, non-taper" -- that is, divining when the Fed will dial down stimulus. That's just burning time, much in the way we flare off natural gas when we drill for oil. What should the narrative be? How about this? "Once again, the people who have not done the homework, read the conference calls, devoted as time to the material and indulged in the craft of making money have been elbowed out by those high-minded individuals who are gaming the Fed." What's so hilarious is the endless lack of introspection. Doesn't anyone who plays this game recognize that they've been playing it for the entire bull market run? Do they recognize how much money they have cost us?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV