On 11/26/13, NextEra Energy Inc's Equity Units (NEE.PRO) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.7361, payable on 12/2/13. As a percentage of NEE.PRO's recent share price of $57.37, this dividend works out to approximately 1.28%, so look for shares of NEE.PRO to trade 1.28% lower — all else being equal — when NEE.PRO shares open for trading on 11/26/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.12%, which compares to an average yield of 5.29% in the "Utilities" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, NEE.PRO was trading at a 14.92% premium to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of NEE.PRO shares, versus NEE:
Below is a dividend history chart for NEE.PRO, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.7361 on NextEra Energy Inc's Equity Units:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, NextEra Energy Inc (NEE) makes up 8.42% of the iShares Global Nuclear Energy ETF (NUCL) which is trading lower by about 0.9% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV