On 11/26/13, RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.'s 6.08% Series C Preference Shares (RNR.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.38, payable on 12/2/13. As a percentage of RNR.PRC's recent share price of $23.24, this dividend works out to approximately 1.64%, so look for shares of RNR.PRC to trade 1.64% lower — all else being equal — when RNR.PRC shares open for trading on 11/26/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.55%, which compares to an average yield of 5.95% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, RNR.PRC was trading at a 7.04% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of RNR.PRC shares, versus RNR:
Below is a dividend history chart for RNR.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.38 on RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.'s 6.08% Series C Preference Shares:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (RNR) makes up 3.12% of the KBW Property & Casualty Insurance Portfolio ETF (KBWP) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV