I get into it a bit in the video that accompanies the article at this link. I get into it a bit more in Crucial Facts You Should Know About Apple Vs. Pandora. And I get into it a whole lot more in Why Pandora Blows Apple's iTunes Radio Away.
Here, I lay it out with the type of on-the-ground examples that happen, to some extent, every time Pandora plays a song for you. At the same time, however, the inner-workings of the MGP run pretty much behind the scenes. That's cool for the user, who, ultimately, wants to kick back, listen to the radio and hear/discover good music.
But, smart generalists and investors must appreciate the power of the MGP if they desire a better understanding of why Pandora will not only survive, but thrive alongside iTunes Radio.The other day I was driving in my car. Pandora served up a song I know I never heard before from a band I had never heard of.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV