Click on the interactive chart to view analyst ratings for these stocks over time.
Do you see investing opportunities based on the launch of Xbox One and Microsoft's next CEO? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis.
1. Juniper Networks, Inc. ( JNPR): Designs, develops, and sells products and services that provide network infrastructure for the deployment of services and applications over a single network. Market cap at $9.73B, most recent closing price at $19.40.After leaving Microsoft to go run Juniper, Kevin Johnson has emerged as a possible candidate if Microsoft wants to go in a more innovative direction.
2. Nokia Corporation ( NOK): Provides Internet and digital mapping and navigation services worldwide. Market cap at $28.96B, most recent closing price at $7.80. Stephen Elop, the head of Nokia, has long been seen as a likely candidate.
3. Cisco Systems, Inc. ( CSCO): Designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products related to IT. Market cap at $115.2B, most recent closing price at $21.42. Tony Bates, who runs Skype and also worked at Cisco, is rumored to be one of the top candidates from inside Microsoft for the spot.
4. Google Inc. ( GOOG): The world's most popular search engine. Market cap at $342.02B, most recent closing price at $1025.20. Vic Gundotra irked Microsoft insiders when he left to go run Google Plus. However his name is rumored to be on the shortlist as well.
5. Hewlett-Packard Company ( HPQ): Hewlett-Packard Company offers various products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers, businesses and government, health, and education sectors worldwide. Market cap at $48.21B, most recent closing price at $24.99. Another powerful alumni who left Microsoft to run HP, Bill Veghte is seen as a possibility as well.