NM Reports Jobless Rate Down Slightly In October
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) a¿¿ New Mexico's unemployment rate dropped slightly to 6.6 percent last month.
The state Workforce Solutions Department said Friday the unemployment rate in October was down from 6.8 percent a year ago and down from 6.7 percent in September.
The state agency says jobs have grown by 0.2 percent, a gain of 3,000 over the year.
The leisure and hospital industry has slowed to 2,200 jobs now that the peak tourism season is over. Both the construction and retail trade industries reported a gain of 600 jobs each.The educational and health services industry lost 1,100 jobs, while manufacturing declined by 900 jobs. In the government sector, there was a net loss of 3,100 jobs since last year. Similar loses were reported at both the federal and local levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV