NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer looked at some of Friday's biggest headlines starting with Pandora
(P), which reported earnings on Thursday after the close.
Initially shares sold off in the after-hours, but rallied on Friday as investors seemingly changed their minds on the results. Cramer said that it's a flat-out "mistake" to be short Pandora, which has such solid growth.
He added that many market participants assumed Apple's (AAPL) iRadio would crush Pandora, but that's not the case. AAPL is a holding in Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS.
Cramer also said that if Spotify gets a high valuation -- which he thinks it will -- then Pandora should go higher.
Turning to Gap
(GPS), shares are lower following its earnings report Thursday. According to Cramer, investors were disappointed after the retailer crushed sales estimates for the month for October but then followed with a dismal earnings report.
He suggested investors look at companies like Costco Wholesale (COST), Starbucks (SBUX), Macy's (M) and VF Corp. (VFC). COST and M are also AAP holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV