4. As of noon trading, PetSmart ( PETM) is down $2.00 (-2.7%) to $72.60 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.77-$74.12 after having opened the day at $73.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.60. PetSmart, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of products, services, and solutions for pets in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. PetSmart has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the specialty retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate PetSmart a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PetSmart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full PetSmart Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts