1. As of noon trading, State Street ( STT) is up $0.59 (0.8%) to $72.64 on light volume. Thus far, 642,962 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.88-$72.73 after having opened the day at $72.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.05. State Street Corporation, a financial holding company, provides investment servicing and investment management services to institutional investors worldwide. State Street has a market cap of $31.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate State Street a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates State Street as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full State Street Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial services industry could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial services industry could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts