HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq:SHOS) and its subsidiaries are partnering with the National Volunteer Fire Council to raise money for one local fire department for each of their stores' communities as part of Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores, Inc.'s "Salute to Local Heroes" charity campaign. The objective of the campaign is to provide firehouses across the nation with critical funds to improve resources for training, equipment and financial support where the local heroes need it most.
From Nov. 23, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013, Sears Hometown, Sears Home Appliance Showrooms, Sears Appliance & Hardware Stores and Sears Outlet customers and company employees will have the opportunity to donate towards their local fire department while making a purchase. All contributed funds will go directly to the local fire station for that store's community. In addition, $2 from each Craftsman® Bottle Cap Wrench purchase will be directly donated to the chosen local department.
"Seven in 10 firefighters are volunteers, and their departments often struggle to make ends meet, especially in these challenging economic times," stated Heather Schafer, Executive Director of National Volunteer Fire Council. "Fundraising campaigns like 'Salute to Local Heroes' are critical for volunteer firehouses to have the necessary resources to perform their duties safely and effectively while protecting their local communities."The campaign focuses on supporting first responders with funds that will go towards purchasing and maintaining the following:
- Equipment including protective gear, rescue tools, medical apparatuses, trucks, thermal imaging devices, etc.
- Response certifications and training
- Assistance and family support for injured responders
- Building maintenance and refurbishments
- Recruitment and retention programs
- Junior firefighter programs
- Firefighter memorials
- And other needed resources and programs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts