Sikorsky delivered the industry's 200 th S-92 helicopter on Aug. 29, and the S-92 fleet has logged more than 600,000 flight hours to date. Offshore oil operators fly the aircraft for an average of 90–110 hours per month in often challenging conditions. In addition to serving the offshore oil segment, the S-92 helicopter performs Head of State missions, search and rescue (SAR) operations as well as a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers. The aircraft first entered service in September 2004.
Sikorsky offered the S-92 platform to the U.S. Government, which is seeking to replace the "Marine One" helicopter fleet that transports the President of the United States. The aircraft already provides Head of State transportation for 10 nations.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
SOURCE Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV