STRATFORD, Conn., Nov. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced that CHC Helicopter has signed a multi-year contract to purchase nine S-92 ® helicopters, with options to acquire up to 15 more, for use in transporting offshore oil workers and for possible search and rescue operations. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
CHC, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, is among the world's largest helicopter transportation services companies, operating more than 240 aircraft in about 30 countries worldwide. CHC's aircraft fleet currently includes 110 helicopters made by Sikorsky including 38 S-92 and 67 S-76 ® aircraft.
Deliveries of the first five new S-92 helicopters are scheduled for 2015 and the remaining four in 2016. If CHC exercises the options, those aircraft would deliver between 2015 and 2018."CHC is widely known throughout the aerospace industry as a company committed to safety and quality, which are commitments Sikorsky shares. For more than 50 years, CHC has flown Sikorsky helicopters, and we are thankful for their continued trust in our aircraft," said Carey Bond, president of Sikorsky Global Helicopters, the commercial aircraft business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. "On behalf of our customers, CHC has very high standards for the aircraft it flies to and from some of the world's most remote and challenging destinations," said William Amelio, CHC's president and chief executive officer. "The S-92 continues to meet those benchmarks and remains an important part of our global fleet." The multi-mission S-92 helicopter incorporates numerous safety features, including a flaw-tolerant design. The aircraft was certified to FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47, and remains the only aircraft certified to this rigorous airworthiness standard without exception or waiver.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV