Don't Miss Out: Top 4 Yielding Hold-Rated Stocks: DRE, POM, HCN, MEMP
Health Care REIT (NYSE: HCN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Health Care REIT, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm engages in acquiring, planning, developing, managing, repositioning and monetizing of real estate assets. It primarily invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 80.11. The average volume for Health Care REIT has been 1,641,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Health Care REIT has a market cap of $16.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Health Care REIT as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $219.17 million or 3.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HEALTH CARE REIT INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.41%.
- HEALTH CARE REIT INC's earnings per share declined by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HEALTH CARE REIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.46 versus $0.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.46).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HEALTH CARE REIT INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HEALTH CARE REIT INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.93%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.74% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Health Care REIT Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV