3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks Leading The Pack: DCIX, BCOM, STB
Student Transportation (NASDAQ: STB) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.40%. Student Transportation Inc. provides school bus transportation services in North America. The company operates through two segments Transportation, and Oil and Gas. The Transportation segment provides school bus management services to public and private schools in North America. The company has a P/E ratio of 158.00. The average volume for Student Transportation has been 119,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Student Transportation has a market cap of $516.5 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Student Transportation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has decreased by 15.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$7.61 million to -$8.79 million.
- The gross profit margin for STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.36%. Regardless of STB's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, STB's net profit margin of -12.02% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, STB has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STUDENT TRANSPORTATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.04 versus $0.00 in the prior year.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Student Transportation Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV