Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified DISH Network (DISH) as a momo momentum candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DISH Network as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DISH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.8 million.
- DISH has a PE ratio of 31.0.
- DISH is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- DISH is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- DISH is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- DISH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- DISH has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DISH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DISH NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DISH: DISH Network Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, offers direct broadcast satellite subscription television services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.2%. DISH has a PE ratio of 31.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate DISH Network a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for DISH Network has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DISH Network has a market cap of $10.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 3.5% with 2.24 days to cover. Shares are up 37.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DISH Network as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DISH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 298.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$158.46 million to $314.91 million.
- DISH NETWORK CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DISH NETWORK CORP reported lower earnings of $1.41 versus $3.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $1.41).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 20.13 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.86, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $401.05 million or 41.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full DISH Network Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about DISH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV