New Lifetime High Reached: Papa John's International (PZZA)
- PZZA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- PZZA has traded 128,483 shares today.
- PZZA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PZZA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PZZA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PZZA: Papa John's International, Inc. operates and franchises pizza delivery and carryout restaurants under the Papa John's trademark worldwide. The company also operates dine-in and restaurant-based delivery restaurants in certain international markets. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. PZZA has a PE ratio of 27.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Papa John's International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Papa John's International has been 86,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Papa John's International has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 3.4% with 3.06 days to cover. Shares are up 48.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Papa John's International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PZZA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 66.22% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PZZA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PAPA JOHNS INTERNATIONAL INC has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PAPA JOHNS INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.57 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.07 versus $2.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $13.03 million to $14.28 million.
- You can view the full Papa John's International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts