New Lifetime High For Bio-Reference Labs (BRLI)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bio-Reference Labs (BRLI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bio-Reference Labs as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BRLI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- BRLI has traded 410,137 shares today.
- BRLI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRLI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRLI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BRLI: Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. provides clinical laboratory testing services for the detection, diagnosis, evaluation, monitoring, and treatment of diseases primarily in the greater New York metropolitan area. BRLI has a PE ratio of 21.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bio-Reference Labs a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Bio-Reference Labs has been 210,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bio-Reference has a market cap of $992.4 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 44.3% with 33.64 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bio-Reference Labs as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BRLI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BRLI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, BRLI has a quick ratio of 2.10, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 38.15% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- BIO REFERENCE LABS has improved earnings per share by 17.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BIO REFERENCE LABS increased its bottom line by earning $1.50 versus $1.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.79 versus $1.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 16.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $12.60 million to $14.70 million.
- You can view the full Bio-Reference Labs Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV