10 Least Drunk States in the U.S.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In need of a drinking buddy? You'll be hard-pressed to find one in some corners of the United States.
Figures from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAA) which has released its latest analysis on the state of the drinking union, show the states home to the least number of boozehounds. By tallying sales of alcoholic beverages divided by census population data (all those aged 14 and older so don't discount those underage guzzlers), the Institute has brewed the numbers and come away with a per capita rate.
So sit back, relax -- grab a drink, we won't judge -- while we mark off the straight-laced neighbors of the country's booziest states.
How do you stack up against the rest in your state?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV