Comcast Business today announced that it won multiple awards in the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet Awards for North America, including the prestigious Service Provider of the Year. The company also won Best Marketing and Best Carrier Ethernet Business Application for an Ethernet network deployment with the Denver Broncos.
The MEF is a global industry alliance whose mission is to accelerate the worldwide adoption of carrier-class Ethernet networks and services through its technical specifications and implementation agreements to promote interoperability. The MEF’s Carrier Ethernet awards are designed to celebrate excellence and leadership in the development, marketing and delivery of Ethernet services.
Underscoring their importance in the industry, the judging panel for the awards included senior industry analysts from IDC, Infonetics Research, Vertical Systems Group, Gartner, Frost & Sullivan and Ovum. In a competitive judging process, Comcast Business was recognized by the MEF in the following categories:
- Service Provider of the Year – this is awarded on the basis of a cumulative score across all of the award categories combined with ratings related to coverage, partnerships and interconnects, and access technology options.
- Best Carrier Ethernet Business Application – this award recognizes partnerships between service providers and their clients in the delivery of Carrier Ethernet services for application verticals. The winning entry detailed the deployment by the Denver Broncos of multiple 100 Mbps Comcast Business Ethernet connections to the Internet and between the team’s stadium and practice facility to improve the fan experience and accelerate team operations.
- Best Marketing – this award is presented to the service provider who has run the most successful marketing campaign to promote their Ethernet service portfolio and assesses marketing campaign goals and objectives, how companies differentiated their services and the results. Comcast Business highlighted its integrated campaigns that promote Ethernet as the best option for businesses while showcasing its differentiation in Ethernet service availability, network reach and diversity, and customer focus.
“We are delighted to have earned this recognition from the Metro Ethernet Forum and this distinguished panel. It is a powerful statement that validates Comcast’s investment in our network that is built for business and delivering the benefits of Ethernet to enterprise customers across the country,” said Bill Stemper, President, Comcast Business.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts