CLEARWATER, Fla., Nov. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) announced that it has appointed Joseph H. ("Joe") Quaglia to President, the Americas, effective today. In this role, Quaglia will lead the company's extensive sales, marketing, logistics and purchasing operations throughout the United States, Canada and Latin America, as well as a wide range of associated strategic initiatives throughout these geographies.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22379
Quaglia has most recently served as Tech Data's senior vice president, U.S. Marketing since November 2007, leading the operations and strategic direction of the company's Product Marketing, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) and TDAgency divisions. In February 2012, Quaglia was appointed to the additional role of president, TDMobility, the company's mobility offering."Joe has a proven track record of success in both sales and marketing leadership roles at Tech Data," said Bob Dutkowsky, chief executive officer of Tech Data. "He has actively led several of our major strategic initiatives in the U.S. over the past five years, including the successful launch of our award-winning StreamOne platform, TDCloud business unit, and TDMobility offering. Most importantly, Joe has a true passion for winning and is committed to Tech Data's culture and the success of our people. I am confident that he will continue to strengthen Tech Data's position as a trusted partner for our vendors and solution providers in the Americas."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV