SAN DIEGO and PARK RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights law firm Robbins Arroyo LLP announces that an investor of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HTZ) has filed a federal securities fraud class action complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. The complaint alleges that the company and certain of its officers violated the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 between February 25, 2012 and November 4, 2013 (the "Class Period"). Hertz, through its subsidiaries, engages in the car and equipment rental businesses worldwide.
Hertz Share Price Falls on Unexpected Downward Guidance Revision
Shares of Hertz fell $4.15, or nearly 16%, to close at $21.63 on September 26, 2013, following the company's announcement that it was revising its full-year 2013 guidance. Then, on November 5, 2013, Hertz shares fell an additional $2.50, or 10.50%, to close at $21.30 following the company's announcement of disappointing third quarter earnings. For the quarter, Hertz reported net income fell to $214.7 million as compared to $242.9 million for the same quarter 2012. On that same day, the company also revealed for the first time that Hertz has substantial exposure to the insolvent company, Simply Wheelz, LLC, through its recently divested Advantage Rent A Car subsidiary.According to the complaint, Hertz made materially false or misleading statements and failed to disclose information regarding the company's business prospects and operations. Specifically, the complaint alleges that Hertz grossly overstated demand for its U.S. airport rentals and the value of its fleet. Further, the complaint alleges that Hertz failed to disclose its exposure to the insolvency of Advantage and that the two companies disagreed on the value of the Advantage fleet assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV