Sprint (NYSE: S) recently announced the 2013 recipients of its Dallas/Fort Worth Local Giving Program. In total, three area non-profit organizations were awarded grants as part of this signature community-support program. The Dallas/Fort Worth Local Giving Program awarded Sprint grants totaling $50,000 to area non-profits that support the Sprint Project Connect focus area of Internet safety and other technology-related programs and resources to help youth succeed in a digital world. Grants were presented and recipient organizations were honored at a local reception earlier today.
The 2013 grant recipients are:
- Trinity River Mission was awarded a $25,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support their Online Math Tutoring program. The program enables students in second through twelfth grades to utilize online technology to communicate with tutors through a headset and electronic writing pad. In addition to improving their mathematical knowledge, students develop fundamental computer skills while being allowed to progress at their own individual pace.
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas was awarded a $15,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support a week-long computer programming workshop at the University of Texas at Dallas. The program, for girls aged 12-18, immerses participants in computer programming while they work alongside professionals to understand and write programming code. The experience is designed to expose girls to a career as a computer software application programmer.
- The Dallas Museum of Art was awarded a $10,000 Sprint Project Connect grant for its Go Van Gogh Outreach Program. Through this program, volunteers travel to area classrooms to lead interactive presentations that feature images of art from the museum and include hands-on art-making activities for students in first through sixth grades. In the summer, the program reaches out to public libraries, recreation centers and Boys & Girls Clubs. The Sprint grant will be used to purchase tablets and projectors that will enable the art to be brought to life through multimedia content.
These grants are made through the Sprint Project Connect program. Funding for this program is provided through a charitable phone-recycling program through which customers and non-customers can donate their no-longer-used wireless devices with net proceeds benefiting youth technology programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV