- Trinity River Mission was awarded a $25,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support their Online Math Tutoring program. The program enables students in second through twelfth grades to utilize online technology to communicate with tutors through a headset and electronic writing pad. In addition to improving their mathematical knowledge, students develop fundamental computer skills while being allowed to progress at their own individual pace.
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas was awarded a $15,000 Sprint Project Connect grant to support a week-long computer programming workshop at the University of Texas at Dallas. The program, for girls aged 12-18, immerses participants in computer programming while they work alongside professionals to understand and write programming code. The experience is designed to expose girls to a career as a computer software application programmer.
- The Dallas Museum of Art was awarded a $10,000 Sprint Project Connect grant for its Go Van Gogh Outreach Program. Through this program, volunteers travel to area classrooms to lead interactive presentations that feature images of art from the museum and include hands-on art-making activities for students in first through sixth grades. In the summer, the program reaches out to public libraries, recreation centers and Boys & Girls Clubs. The Sprint grant will be used to purchase tablets and projectors that will enable the art to be brought to life through multimedia content.
Sprint Supports Dallas/Fort Worth With $50,000 In Grants To Trinity River Mission, Girl Scouts Of Northeast Texas And The Dallas Museum Of Art
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts