MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- From coast to coast, the Betty Crocker Test Kitchen experts have their "spoon" on the pulse of the most exciting, surprising and delicious trends this holiday season. Making home for the holidays even more memorable, the experts have revealed their annual top 10 Red Hot Holiday Trends, as well as recipes to help you bring these trends to life in your own kitchen. From deconstructed desserts to unexpected mash-ups, copycat candy to cool cocktails, and even a fresh take on fruitcake, your home (and plates, bowls and glasses) will be full of trendy takes on traditional favorites.
"Whether you're having a party or just enjoying time with loved ones, our red hot trends and recipes make it easy for you to create memorable holidays at home this year," said Kristen Olson, Senior Food Editor, Betty Crocker Kitchens. "You can shake up some Cherry Jam-hattans at cocktail hour, serve an 'Around the World' cheese ball flight to give party guests a taste of global flavors, or spend a fun afternoon making DIY cookie trees and holiday memories with your kids."
Try This At Home: Red Hot Holiday Trend RecipesGet inspired by Betty Crocker's top 10 holiday trends and their accompanying recipes, perfect for any occasion, crowd or craving. A slideshow of the trends and the accompanying recipes can be found at www.BettyCrocker.com/redhot1. Sweet & Savory CookiesA biscuit-shortbread hybrid from France, sables have been named the cookie of the year in our test kitchens. For a salty-sweet flavor contrast, we added an unusual savory element—Kalamata olives!—and dark chocolate chips. The result? Mind-blowing, melt-in-your mouth goodness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV