PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) recently published its 2014 Global Color Trends book, a 100-page overview of PPG’s collective forecast for color use in building and decor, automobiles, consumer electronics and aerospace. The book, produced by the company’s global team of color experts, is accessible online at www.ppg.com/globalcolortrends, and a printed version can be ordered by contacting Dee Schlotter of PPG at email@example.com.
The Global Color Trends book highlights PPG’s Pause & Refresh theme for 2014 and the company’s color of the year – a buttercream yellow. The book details color families trending across industries and geographic regions, and it showcases five color trend “stories” for 2014, which are:
- Hi-Breed emphasizes a new design harmony between man and nature with a palette consisting of neutrals, pastels and bright hues.
- Mosaic is based on the wealth of artisan and craft patterns, shapes and prints, as well as their strong colorations.
- New Spirit reflects earthy, primitive, raw colors as well as a new consciousness.
- Magnifigance combines the words magnificent and elegance, and the palette recaptures extravagant, dramatic styling and opulent, regal colors.
- Theorem is a precise and minimal palette that uses rich brown, purple and deep blue as accents for balanced neutrals.
Paint color names and codes are included for THE VOICE OF COLOR(R) program and the GLIDDEN PROFESSIONAL(R), Canadian DULUX(R) and Devoe brands in the book’s largest section, which details architectural color trends. Colors in building and decor are also shown by color family – reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, purples, and warm and cool neutrals. The section shows how these color family groupings have evolved in recent years. For example, it shows how a red that is trending now is different than a red trending last year or the prior year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts