BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shopping and bills and cooking are the least of American's concerns with the holiday season just around the corner. While the majority (52 percent) of Americans indicate they enjoy hosting holiday gatherings in their home, many believe their house is inadequate and feel overwhelmed and stressed at the thought of hosting.
According to the latest PulteGroup Home Index Survey (PGHI ) by PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM), one of the nation's largest homebuilder, 47 percent of Americans worry that their home is not properly suited to host family and friends for the holidays, describe hosting as stressful or as an unfair financial burden.
Click here for infographic and data: http://pultegroupinc.com/files/doc_downloads/PGHIQ32013_infographic.jpg
MAKING HOSTING THE HOLIDAYS AT HOME EASIERWhen asked what would make hosting easier, 75 percent of survey respondents said more space in the main entertaining areas of the home would make it easier to entertain. The top three things that would make hosting the holidays easier:
- Bigger/more open living space for guests to visit/interact – 30 percent
- A larger kitchen to accommodate holiday meals and preparation – 25 percent
- Larger dining/eating area to accommodate bigger groups – 20 percent
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts