The job additions at Buffalo Stamping Plant are a combination of new workers, transfers and employees coming back from temporary leave. Ford is more than three-fourths of the way to its goal of creating 12,000 hourly jobs in the United States by 2015 to support new products and investment. The company also is investing $16 billion in its U.S. product development and manufacturing operations – including $6.2 billion for plant-specific investments. Additionally, Ford announced earlier this year its plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in the United States in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as product development, manufacturing and IT.
"Ford's investment of $150 million in its Hamburg facility is proof positive of western New York's status as a leading hub of advanced manufacturing," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. "With this major investment, Ford is cementing its competitiveness in the region and keeping hundreds of well-paying jobs in western New York. As we work to attract and retain businesses here in upstate New York, the state is committed to providing the support needed to drive our economy and keep it moving forward."
Buffalo Stamping Plant opened in 1950 and has approximately 650 employees. It produces doors, quarter panels, hoods, fenders and other stamped parts for the Ford F-250, F-350, Flex, Edge, Focus and Econoline, as well as the Lincoln MKX and MKT.
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company , a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 180,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV