BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford will invest $150 million in Buffalo Stamping Plant and add 350 new jobs at the facility to support future product growth
- Ford is more than three-fourths of the way to its goal of creating more than 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015
- Buffalo Stamping Plant produces parts for the Ford F-250, F-350, Flex, Edge, Focus and Econoline, as well as the Lincoln MKX and MKT
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) will invest $150 million and add approximately 350 new jobs at its Buffalo Stamping Plant, reinforcing the company's commitment to the plant, the city of Buffalo and the state of New York.
The investment is for more than 25 new subassemblies, including hoods, doors and fenders, more than 500 new dies and a new blanketing line, as well as equipment upgrades and refurbishing to support future product programs. In addition, Buffalo Stamping will add a third shift to its press room to help increase plant capacity."We produce crucial components for several key vehicles in Buffalo," said Paul Kosaian, director of manufacturing for stamping operations at Ford. "With the help of our UAW and government partners, we were able to secure additional jobs and investment to keep Buffalo Stamping Plant competitive and efficient." Jimmy Settles, UAW vice president and director of the National Ford Department, credited workers' commitment to excellence for helping to bring new work to Buffalo Stamping Plant. "These additional jobs are the direct result of the dedicated effort our UAW members display every day at facilities all across the country, and serve as another reminder of the resilience of American workers and our nation's manufacturing sector," said Settles.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts