Beginning this weekend, television viewers will see a new side of the hottest band on the planet as Macy’s (NYSE:M) debuts its Black Friday commercial featuring superstar musical group, One Direction, in a light-hearted spoof about the group’s infamous hairstyles. The television spot will break on Nov. 24, and remind customers to visit Macy’s starting at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving night) for the best holiday gifts from their favorite brands, all at affordable prices.
“There is arguably no bigger group today than One Direction, and we are thrilled to showcase them in Macy’s Black Friday television spot,” said Martine Reardon, Macy’s chief marketing officer. “The spot is very playful and fun, capturing a comical exchange with the boys and our store manager, Harold. It is sure to entertain customers and fans across the country, and will create a buzzworthy moment to kick-start the excitement around Black Friday at Macy’s.”
In keeping with the success of Macy’s sitcom-themed advertising spots, Macy’s Herald Square store manager, Harold (Matt Oberg), is at it again as he helps One Direction’s Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn prepare for the onslaught of fans eager to purchase the band’s coveted “Our Moment” fragrance during Macy’s Black Friday sale. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and Harold takes this maxim to a new level as he surprises the band by mimicking each one of their individual hairstyles.
In the weeks following the advertising break, One Direction fans can also expect exclusive, behind-the-scenes video captured during the filming of Macy’s Black Friday commercial spot. Video content will be available through Macy’s YouTube channel and Macy’s Instagram.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV