Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:42 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Wells Fargo cut its estimates on Ensco (ESV) Cramer said the company "is not that strong" when it comes to the recent deepwater drilling day rates it recently released. ESV was flat at $61.09.
Terex (TEX) beat on bottom-line estimates. That made Cramer wonder about Caterpillar (CAT) He said CAT's problems must be with execution because Terex is doing fine with what he considers a subpar product. TEX closed 1.7% higher at $35.70.Stifel Nicolaus upgraded Climarex Energy (XEC) to buy from hold. Domestic oil companies may now be a buy after getting crushed from falling WTI crude oil prices, Cramer opined. XEC rose 1.9% to $101.24. Deutsche Bank upgraded Yum! Brands (YUM) to buy from hold and raised its price target to $90. Cramer said the upgrade is a little late, considering the stock is up in recent trading. YUM was up 4.5% to $78.30. Splunk (SPLK) is a "great company," Cramer said following the earnings report. He called it a buy. SPLK jumped 22.8% to $73.56. VF Corp. (VFC) has "a lot of great" brands, Cramer said, who added that "outdoor wear is doing very well." VFC ended the day at $232.10, up 3.4%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV