BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Here we go again. The latest round of Fed minutes revealed that a QE taper might be in the works, kicking speculation into full gear again and posting moderate losses for all three major indices yesterday. P/> >>Profit From 5 Trades Warren Buffett Made
If the Fed starts shutting off the faucet, it puts the stock rally at risk -- or at least that's what investors are worrying about.
But what else is new? There's constantly been some big black cloud grabbing the market headlines all year long. But from a technical standpoint, this rally isn't showing any signs of slowing just yet. Focusing on high-probability trades is still the key to wringing out gains in the final quarter of the year, taper or not.
Today, I'll show you a closer technical look at five of them.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Before It's Too Late Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV